Herman Miller Aeron Chair
Best in class
When Bill Stumpf and Don Chadwick designed the Aeron Chair (1994), they combined a deep knowledge of human-centered design with cutting-edge technology to create a chair unlike any other. In 2016, Don Chadwick evolved Aeron with decades of research in the science of sitting, as well as advancements in materials. The result is the perfect blend of ergonomics and comfort. Is it any wonder that more than 8 million Aeron Chairs have been sold worldwide?
Comfort in action
Every component of Aeron is designed to maintain proper alignment and balance – no matter the sitting position. The patented PostureFit SL hardware provides adjustable spinal support that helps your body mimic its strongest posture: standing, chest open, and pelvis tilted slightly forward. From upright and active to a deep recline, Aeron’s state-of-the-art Harmonic 2 tilt mechanism moves with you naturally and supports your entire range of movement. Fine-tune Aeron even further with its fully adjustable arms, seat height, and recline. And with the new Onyx colorway, you can experience the same comfort with more sustainability. Made with up to 2.5 pounds of recycled plastic, the production of Aeron in Onyx helps divert more than 44 metric tons of plastic from the ocean annually.*
*Based on annual sales forecast.
01. Select the best fit for your body from three chair sizes, designed to fit a range of users.
02. PostureFit SL back support technology flexes to support the lumbar and base of the spine, encouraging a more active posture and reducing muscle fatigue.
03. Eight zones of varying tension within the back and seat to eliminate circulation-restricting pressure points.
04. 8Z Pellicle material allows body heat to pass through the seat and backrest
05. Composed of recycled materials, the Aeron in Onyx helps divert plastic waste from the ocean.
06. Unique tilt mechanism moves the sitter smoothly through a full range of postures.